Need we give any introduction? National Geographic is the iconic American cable and satellite television network boasting millions of viewers. A true world leader in adventure, science, photography, environment, history and space exploration.
Performed a complex GA & GTM implementation involving 6 CMSs and over 500 events in 3 months.
About National Geographic
Why did our clients come to us?
The website was using an in-house tag management solution that needed to be migrated to Google Tag Manager. However, there was only a 3-month window to complete this migration and it involved 6 CMSs and 500 tags!
What were their pain points?
- Lack of time and resources
- Using an old version of Google Analytics
- No QA testing
- No A/B testing
- Poor data governance
- The existing GTM setup was cleaned-up and changed from Classic Analytics to Universal Analytics.
- A phased approach of migrating the pageview, events & then transactions was adopted.
- An automatic QA system was introduced to monitor the 500 events during the migration.
- A robust migration process was introduced to minimise human error.
- Further GA & GTM support and implementation
- GTM migration was completed in 3 months.
- High-quality data allowed A/B testing using GA goals.
Brands we’ve worked with
Want the same results?
Get in touch to see how we can help you today.